Although standardized tests are now optional at some schools, most students will find it beneficial to prepare for the SAT or ACT to get their best scores.
- Better SAT or ACT scores help with getting admitted to colleges. They are also very important for getting merit scholarships.
- It is best to start preparation before or during the junior year to avoid the last minute crisis of trying to improve test scores at the beginning of the senior year.
- We have worked with hundreds of students over 15 years, helping them prepare for the SAT or ACT.
- Stay tuned for information about upcoming SAT/ACT classes. Private tutoring can begin at any time of the year.
- A New SAT was implemented in 2016. We have had a year’s experience with the new SAT. It is more similar to the ACT than the previous SAT was. Some elements, particularly math, contain more challenging material than before. I can offer advice on deciding whether to take the new SAT or the ACT or both.
- I meet private tutoring students at my office at 780 NW Broad, Southern Pines. Sessions can be scheduled after school or evenings during the week or on weekends. For students having sports practice after school, we can meet in the evening after practice.
- Which test should you take? Colleges today will accept either the SAT or the ACT. Some students do better on one compared to the other. Whichever test a student does better on is probably the one to prepare for and submit to colleges.